Please check the calendar for important dates.
As we prepare for the 2018 season, please be sure to visit our site or our facebook page often to look for updates.
We will be adding coaches meetings, board meetings, registration information, etc. as we get ready for the 2018 calendar year.
We are starting to wind our season down, but wanted to give a huge shout out to Seymour Paints! This weeks sponsor of the week. Seymour is a local company and recognized as "The Inventor of Aerosol Spray Paint!". This company loves giving back to the community and are huge football fans....they reached out to us to sponsor. Please be sure to patronize them and buy their products when you are given the opportunity. Their website is www.seymourpaint.com
With homecoming upon us, it's time that we start recognizing our sponsors. For this week, the Sponsor Of The Week is DeKalb Sycamore Chevrolet/GMC. We rely greatly on our sponsors to ensure that every kid who wants to cheer or play football gets that opportunity. Quite simply, we would not exist if it wasn't for our sponsors. DeKalb Sycamore Chevrolet/GMC is not only one of our top sponsors, but they also are very active in our community with numerous organizations. Whether you are looking for a new or pre-owned vehicle or simply need service done on your existing vehicle, please be sure to patronize their business and tell them thank you for supporting SYFL.
Sycamore Youth Football League feels that we need to make a statement in light of some new legislation being presented this Thursday in regards to banning tackle football for kids under the age of 12 years old in the state of Illinois.
We would agree that football is a difficult and physical sport. With that comes some risk of injury. As an organization, what we can do is take every step possible to reduce that risk to a minimum.
Some of the steps that we have taken in the past and continue to build upon include:
- All of our coaches are USA Football Certified
- Our Conference, the NIFC, is also a compliant USA Football Conference
- We train our coaches on how to teach football in a safe manner
- While we are not required to do so, we also hire outside trainers to attend every home game that we host. These trainers have last word on if an injured player can return to a game or not. If the trainer says the kid is done, there is no further discussion and that player can not return to football without a doctors note clearing them for play.
- We have limited contact throughout the week at practices. Some of our teams now have less than 30 minutes of live contact per week (outside of games)
- We have gone as far as to host events, such as an event we held a few years ago where The Sports Legacy Institute came to Sycamore and put on a presentation. This was a very sought after event and we had attendees from across our youth football conference as well as the majority of teams across our high school football conference being represented.
- All of our equipment is certified and we send equipment out on an annual basis for reconditioning.
- We work with the school district in upholding another newer state law that addresses concussion protocol procedures.
In closing, we feel very strongly that the choice for a child to play tackle football should not be left up to a state legislature, but rather it should be left up to the child and the family of that child.
Brian Klaassens - President
Jim DuMont - VP Coaching
Flyweight: Xavier Delgado
Lightweight: Ryan McCoy
Middleweight: Teddy Lucas
Heavyweight: Tyler Grimm
Flyweight: Logan Gibson
Lightweight: Caleb Kaelin
Middleweight: Tyler Lockhart
Heavyweight: Gable Carrick
7th/8th Grade: Connor Thorstens
Flyweight: Adam Cobos
Lightweight: Dylan Hodges
Middleweight: Joey Culotta
Heavyweight: Eli Meier
7th/8th grade: Dashon Westbrook
Flyweight: Burke Gautcher
Lightweight: Matthew Rangle
Middleweight: Kiefer Tarnoki
Heavyweight: Brayden Peet
Flyweight: Tyler Whitfield
Lightweight: Dawson Alexander
Middleweight: Jake O'Donnell
Heavyweight: Carsten Menzer
Flyweight: Zack Crawford
Lightweight: Brody Armstrong
Middleweight: Bobby Scianna
Heavyweight: Jason Hayes
These fine organizations make what we do possible. Please show your support to these amazing sponsors and thank them for their commitment to our organization. Interested in becoming a sponsor? Click here to learn more about our sponsorship opportunities
2127 Midlands Court Suite 203 Sycamore
339 Wurlitzer Drive Dekalb IL
"The Inventor of Aerosol Spray Paint"
917 Crosby Avenue
Located on the corner of Peace/Plank road and Main St (RT 23) Sycamore
SYCAMORE YOUTH FOOTBALL JR. SPARTANS
PO BOX 81, SYCAMORE IL 60178